Our Specialty Services Group (SSG) is a specialized division of Durr Mechanical that provides construction, repair, maintenance and emergency services for operating plants. We service clients in the power, steam, water, wastewater, gas, central plant and industrial fields. We have facilities in New York City, Albany, NY, Westbury, NY, Tannersville, PA and Branford, CT.
“We’re the company to call for planned outages, system replacements, equipment upgrades, expert service and routine repairs.”
Our workers are the most skilled in the industry; they have the expertise to get the job done efficiently so your facility is back up and running with minimal downtime. We pride ourselves on our management team and our highly skilled work force of Steamfitters, Boilermakers, Plumbers, Millwrights and others who deliver the project on time, within budget and to the highest standards of safety, quality and dependability.
Wide Range of Capabilities
- Installation and repair of power, cogeneration and resource recovery plant systems and equipment.
- Rigging, setting, assembly, alignment and grouting of equipment such as electric, steam or gas driven generators, pumps, compressors, fans, heat exchangers, vessels, boilers and packaged systems.
- Piping work, including erection and joining of high and low pressure piping systems composed of carbon steel, ductile iron, cast iron, plastic, copper, fiberglass, stainless steel, chrome-moly, P-91 and more.
- Installation and testing instruments, controls and apparatus associated with power and process systems.
- Installation of HVAC ductwork systems for commercial and industrial clients.
- Specialty expert welding services of all kinds certified by the National Board of Pressure Vessel Inspectors and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (“R”, “S” and “U” Stamps).
- Off-site fabrication facilities in New York, Pennsylvania and Connecticut.